Internet Privacy & Cookies Policy
Information we collect
In operating our Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information, make a donation, or contact us via the “contact us” link.
- Information you provide to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
We may gather statistical information about your general internet use by using a “cookie” that is downloaded to your computer automatically. We receive information through these cookies that helps us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you. This information is anonymous and aggregate, it does not include personal identifying information.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about related goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means for which you provided consent.
- If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
Storing your personal data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its .
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically. The transmission of such data is therefore at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password .
Disclosing your information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our management company.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third .
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimize credit risk.
Third party links
You may find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact us using the details below.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If you would prefer to write to us, our mailing address is American Fund for Charities, c/o GMA Foundations, 2 Liberty Square, Suite 500, Boston, MA 02109, USA.